Friday, December 21, 2012

12:21 on 12/21/12


(Claire G, Taylor, and Lauren on vacation in Canada 2007.)
 
Today is a pretty interesting day in history too ... it's a festive number (12/21/12) and the projected "end of the world" based on the Mayan calendar.  Funny that it was simply the end of a calendar cycle for the Mayans, not the projected end of the world.  I wouldn't have put it past the Mayan's to know it, however.  They're pretty brilliant.
For our family, it isn't the end of the world, or even a more important day because of the numbers (although we find both of them interesting.)  It is important to us because it is another birthday -- and since Lauren would have made a big celebratory deal out of the numbers and the birthday boy, I figured I would help her out.  (I loved to help her with her creations to "one up" her big brother in the "I love you MOST" game and thought I would seize the opportunity to update their competition.  She liked to win.)
So, Happy Birthday, big brother!!! ... In honor of your special day, 12 gifts of $21 dollars each in Christmas DOUGH were donated to Oncology families at PCMC in need of a little extra help this holiday season.  It's Lauren's way of saying ... I LOVE YOU MOST!!

(A special thanks to Juanita W. and Karen L. who donated the cash sufficient for Lauren's Foundation to give the last half of those gifts.)

A Happy 12/21/12, Happy Birthday, and a Merry, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year from the 
Living Lauren's Legacy Foundation!!!


1 comment:

  1. Ummm... I am not sure you are allowed to take sides in this fight - unless, of course, it's my side. I still love you MOST Lauren!

    ReplyDelete